How to: Renew your ILL
Login to your ILLiad acct (go/ILL), select “Checked Out Items” from the menu on the left. Open the item you would like to renew by clicking on the request number. Click “Renew Request” at the top of the detailed information page to place the renewal request.
There is a limited window of opportunity for placing a renewal. Renewals can only be placed 10 day before the due date through one day beyond the original due date.
Items already identified as non-renewable will have no button. However, each renewal request is sent to the lender for review, and it is up to the lender to grant or decline our renewal request, so seeing the button in ILLiad is NOT a guarantee of a renewal.
ILL staff will update Millennium and ILLiad with the dates provided by the Lending Libraries, and e-mail patrons when a renewal has been denied. You can check the status of your renewal in ILLiad or in My MIDCAT
There are three possible outcomes to a renewal request.
- The Lender agrees to the renewal and provides an official renewal due date. (We update ILLiad and MIDCAT, and e-mail you.)
- The Lender refuses our renewal request. (We send you a renewal denied e-mail, and give you a few days to get the book back.)
- The lender never replies. (We do nothing. You can renew again when your due date approaches, and we give you another temp due date.)
ILL Services: Borrowing from Other Libraries
NExpress is a service built for fast delivery and extended loan periods.
We recommend patrons use NExpress first!
Traditional ILL, using ILLiad, brings items worldwide here to Middlebury for patron use, but may have limits or restrictions on usage.
- How to search and submit an ILL request in ILLiad.
- Check on the status of your ILL request or update your personal and contact information in ILLiad.