Direct Apply Fellowships

Below is a selection of additional fellowship opportunities. Candidates apply directly to these. For more information review the websites for each and contact the fellowships office with questions.

Community and Service Fellowships


Graduate Program Funding

Scholarships for graduate/professional study in the US Graduate school applicants should check the websites of the the universities and degree programs of interest about financial support--this is where the majority of graduate students will find funding (or not, depending on the norms for that area of graduate study). If you are not a US citizen, see if your country’s ministry for education (or equivalent) has any scholarships or fellowships for graduate study. Typically applications for external fellowship support are made around the time of your graduate program applications, unless otherwise noted. Below are some additional sources of support for different institutions or countries: 

Scholarships for graduate study outside the US 









Study/Internships Abroad

North Africa and the Middle East 

Asia and Oceania 


Teach English Outside the U.S.


Various databases (including resources for non-US citizens, LGBTQ+)

Michigan State University Libraries, grants to individuals: commercial database. You do not need to purchase their services to use their database. 

Scholarships for Development for students from developing countries and/or anyone interested in studying development:

● For undocumented students:; (health and science careers)

MALDEF also has a large fellowship guide:

● Selected Funding Opportunities Open to Non-U.S. Citizens: file:///C:/Users/ctlrstudent/Downloads/Selected%20Funding%20Sources%20Open%20to%20Non-US%20Citizens%20(1).pdf (in need of fixing, we know!)

● Scholarships for LGBTQIA+ LGBTQIA+ Scholarship and Fellowship List :

Postgraduate Service Learning Opportunities : Northern Arizona University has a great list for US-based and international opportunities: