Information session in October TBA.
To provide a continuing source of highly qualified individuals for academic study and research in mathematics, the natural sciences, and engineering by awarding scholarships to outstanding sophomores and juniors who demonstrate interest in related fields.
The stipend covers eligible expenses for tuition, fees, books, and room and board up to a maximum of $7,500 annually, independent of need. Maximum: 2 years for juniors; 1 year for seniors.
Up to 300
Students who are US citizens, resident aliens, or US nationals, sophomores and juniors, and having a 3.0 or better GPA are eligible to apply. To be considered, a student must be nominated by Middlebury College; the college may nominate up to four students. NOTE: Students who plan to study medicine are eligible only if they plan a research career rather than a career as a medical doctor in private practice.
Internal deadline is Dec. 6, 2014, final deadline is January 31, 2015; external deadlines are also listed on program websites.
To be submitted by the Middlebury deadline (Dec 6, 2014) for nomination consideration:
- Banner Degree Progress Report
- Curriculum vitae - Draft of Nominee Essay
- Signed Fellowship Waiver/Permission Form
and the following sections from the Nominee Application:
- Student Profile
- Career Goal
- Programs and Activities
- Names of three faculty recommenders
Materials should be emailed as one PDF file to email@example.com by 5:00 pm
- Online application deadline is January 31, 2015 and includes institutional nomination, nominee application, and 3 on-line recommendations. Final application, with all supporting documents, must also be mailed and received at the Goldwater Foundation by Feb. 3.
Lisa Gates, Associate Dean for Fellowships and Research
Davis Family Library 225G