Faculty Mentor Information for the Beckman Program
Please read the Beckman Scholar student information to better understand the program and the scholar's expectations for the program.
Faculty mentors are expected to:
- Collaborate with a student to prepare the research proposal and
Supervise the scholar's work and expenditures throughout the program
- Participate in advisory meetings throughout the program
- Attend the Beckman Research Symposium each July
- Attend one national or regional conference with the scholar
- Submit a one page report each August 1 on your involvement with the program scholar including:
- Progress of scholar
- How did the program benefit the scholar, mentors and undergraduate program
- The advantages of the Beckman Scholarship
- Tracking of scholar
- summary of program implementation
- Sign the prepared detailed expenditure report to be submitted each August 1
Please contact Bob Cluss or Sunhee Choi if you have any questions.