COVID-19 Updates: Fall Semester

Social Security Number (SSN) and Taxes

International students, faculty and scholars will need to obtain a U.S. Social Security Number (SSN), a government-issued identification number, if they intend to work in the U.S.  International students and employees are also obligated to file U.S. income taxes and/or related forms each year.

For information about obtaining a Social Security Number, please click here.

To learn more about taxes, please click here.


International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)

Service Building - Second Floor
84 South Service Road
Middlebury College
Middlebury, VT 05753
P: 802 443-5858
F: 802 443-2063