Middlebury students can earn undergraduate credit at Monterey.
Middlebury College and the Monterey Institute of International Studies have established several opportunities for studying in specific graduate programs at Monterey. Some students may want to consider studying abroad for one semester, and studying at Monterey for another, if that matches up well with their academic interests.
There are currently three study-away opportunities at Monterey:
- International Environmental Policy
- Linguistics/Language Teaching
- Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies
Middlebury College and the Monterey Institute of International Studies have established several integrated degree programs in which students earn a combined BA from Middlebury and an MA from the Monterey Institute in five years. These programs are retroactively available to all Middlebury alumni who qualify. Please note that all interested Middlebury students must apply to and be accepted at Monterey through the normal Monterey Institute admissions process.
There are currently five integrated degree programs:
- International Environmental Policy (MAIEP)
- International Policy Studies (MAIPS)
- Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies (MANPTS)
- Teaching of Foreign Languages (MATFL)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (MATESOL)
Middlebury College Contact for Opportunities at the Monterey Institute:
Rohatyn Center for Global Affairs