Middlebury College, c/o Assistant Treasurer's Office, Middlebury, VT 05753
Plans, administers and supervises the all aspects of a downtown restaurant and social club.
- Manage, supervise, coordinate and control entire operation at 51 main street including staffing, scheduling, payroll, food and beverage quality and quantity and facilities maintenance and service.
- Manage and administrate entire budget for 51 main
- Establish all inventory procedures for entire operation
- Review and oversee all inventory items and set control standards for all food products and beverage items including liquor, while maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Set and maintain highest quality standards for 51 main including service, food quality, kitchen sanitation, orderly operation and staff service including proper liquor controls as per Vermont state law.
- Compile menus and supervise specialist in the execution of all menu items
- Control all food, beverage and liquor costing by establishing purchasing specifications, requisition systems, product storage requirements, recipes and waste control procedures.
- Establish maintenance, cleaning, stock rotation schedules and sanitary controls.
- Complete all necessary reports ensuring accuracy of information and timely completion.
- Train employees in the use of and monitor all point of sale and time keeping systems.
- Approve all employee relation issues such as hiring, firing, counseling etc of all staff in coordination with human resources.
- Periodically review employee relations situations with director
- Recruit and train managers, cooks, counter workers, bartenders and wait staff in proper procedures, work habits, use and maintenance of all equipment including computer based menu manage systems.
- Responsible for maintaining, establishing and configuration of computer based menu management system to ensure accounting accuracy and pricing.
- Recommend changes in methods and procedures to director.
- Function independently and report periodic progress to director.
- Establish marketing strategies and promotions of entire operation, sourcing and maintaining relationships with promotional resources to ensure success, including establishing and maintaining 51 main website .www.go51main.com.
- Source and provide entertainment ranging from music to shows.
- Work directly with controller's office to review accounting procedures.
- Resolve infrequent or serious issues with outcomes that may adversely affect efficiency and operations.
- Act as resource for recurring or systemic problems which require changes to problems or procedures .provide solutions through analysis and investigation.
Education & Training
State of Vermont DLC liquor service training required. Preference will be give for Hospitality or Culinary Arts degrees.
5 plus years of progressive food preparation experience and 5 plus years of food and beverage management and supervisory experience in a restaurant /bar setting.
Working knowledge of food preparation methods, qualities, measurements proper food storage techniques, u se and maintenance of food service equipment, cash handling skills.