Position descriptions for all student positions must be filed with the Student Employment Office. These descriptions outline the responsibilities of each position and the required experience and skills. They also form the basis of the College's Student Wage Program.
Descriptions of New Positions: Supervisors are responsible for drafting new job descriptions in conjunction with the Student Employment Office.
Changing Position Descriptions: Position descriptions are updated when there are substantial changes in the scope and practice of a job. The supervisor and the student(s) work together to make written changes on the current description as necessary and forward the new description to the Student Employment Office (email@example.com). The College reserves the right to change position descriptions with notice to the student; normally, a College initiated change would be policy driven. It is recommended that the supervisor review position descriptions annually, preferably coinciding with the student performance evaluations.
Viewing Position Descriptions: We are currently in the process of moving the student job descriptions from residing in Drupal to PeopleAdmin. Until this transition is complete the job descriptions may be found at either site. However, new positions or requested changes are only being made in PeopleAdmin. If you would like to view the current job description for a student position please contact SEO and we'd be happy to provide it to you.
Pay Level Definitions
Below are the criteria used to determine in which a position falls.
Level A (General)
- Requires no previous training or special skills other than basic computer skills
- Requires minimum and finite on-the-job training
- Does not require supervision of others
- Requires some independence, but also some supervision
Level B (Skilled)
- Some level of responsibility and independence
- Some previous training or experience
- Extensive on-the-job training or certification
- May be responsible for an aspect of a program or supervising other students
Level C (Specialist)
- May require special supervisory skills
- Advanced level of academic achievement or other qualifications
- May be responsible for success of an entire program
- Requires extensive previous experience or on-going training
- Requires highly specialized skills