Workable is an applicant tracking system.
All staff, student, and The Middlebury Institute for International Studies at Monterey visiting faculty positions are posted on Workable.
Logging In to Workable
Navigate to your company’s Workable sign-in page. The address for this page is: middleburycollege.workable.com/signin
- If you are already signed into your Single Sign-On (SSO) tool you’ll be redirected to your Workable dashboard immediately.
- If you aren’t signed into your SSO tool you’ll be redirected to sign into it. Enter your SSO credentials and you’ll be successfully logged in to Workable and automatically redirected back to the Workable dashboard.
Alternatively, you can sign in by navigating to workable.com/signin. On the sign-in page, select “Sign in with Single Sign-On (SSO)”. You will be prompted to enter your account’s subdomain (middleburycollege). Submit the subdomain and you’ll be redirected to your SSO provider. Sign in and you’ll be automatically redirected to your Workable dashboard.
Review the Using Workable PowerPoint by following this link: Using Workable Introduction PowerPoint
Staff/Adjunct Faculty Positions
Review the Workable Hiring Leader Playbook created for hiring leaders and search committee members by following this link: Hiring Leader Playbook
Student hiring process workflow: Student Hiring Process Workflow Diagram
Student hiring steps: Hiring Steps Walkthrough
Review the Workable Student Hiring Leader Playbook created for student supervisors for a comprehensive step by step guide to using Workable and an explanation of Workable terms: Student Hiring Leader Playbook
How to Hire a Student in Workable:
- Open Workable
- In the Jobs section, you should see the student positions that are posted along with the number of individuals in each stage of the “pipeline.” A pipeline is used to track the stages of student hires (applied-interview-offer accepted-hire).
- Click on the job title or the number in the “applied” category to open the position and see applications.
- Find the student you wish to hire.
- Scroll to the bottom of the “candidate profile” and enter the start date in the hiring details section of their profile. No other fields need to be completed for student hires.
- Use the green drop-down action on the top right of their candidate profile and choose to move the student to “student hired.”
Please do not move students to “hired” status as this will cause a delay in Oracle set up and the ability for students to begin working. Your HR Business Partner will them complete the necessary details to set the individual up in the position in Oracle. As a reminder, student start dates can only be a future Monday. Students cannot begin working until they have been hired by Human Resources. All data is processed on Monday and access is given to Oracle by the subsequent Thursday.
Update/edit your profile, including your picture and name by following this link: Workable Profile
Follow this link to update your preferences (create custom email signature, choose how to receive notifications): Your Preferences
Favorite jobs for easier sorting and access to your open positions, learn more here: Organize and Filter to Job Dashboard
Click here to read: How do I disqualify or reject a candidate?
Add search committee members (designated Workable role of ”reviewer”) to your job: contact your HR Business Partner to add search committee members to the position
Seeking quick feedback from search committee members? Read more about using the thumbs up/thumbs down feature to rate candidates: Reviewing and Evaluating Candidates
Emailing Candidates video (1 minute 45 seconds): Workable Emailing Candidates
Using Workable to schedule events:
Scheduling Interviews/meetings with candidates video (1 minutes 48 seconds): Scheduling Events
Click this link to read how to allow candidates to self-schedule meetings with you: Self-Scheduled Events
Click on this link to read more about seeing your scheduled events: How Do I see My Upcoming Events?
Do you want to communicate with another team member about a candidate (e.g. add comments from an interview, request a compensation review to determine a salary offer, communicate offer accepted) ? Follow this link to read more about using internal comments: Adding Comments
How to Apply for Internal Only Positions
Positions that are posted as “Internal Use” means they are not published on our public-facing Careers Page. These positions are only open to current staff, faculty, or students to apply. To apply to an internal only position, follow these instructions:
1. Log in to Workable**
2. Navigate to the Workable Referrals page from the top right menu
**If you are not able to log in to Workable, follow this link to access Workable referrals: https://referrals.workable.com/middleburycollege/jobs/
3. Filter by job type (staff, faculty, student) by using the ”all departments” drop down menu on the top right to filter by type of employment.
- Alternatively, use the search bar on the top left to search for the position by name or position number.
5. Find the posting you wish to apply to, hover your cursor over the title, and click “apply.”
6. Complete your application.
Workable “Deeper Dive” Resources
Visit the Workable Help Center for more information: Workable Help Center
Workable 101 webinar (40 minutes): Workable 101
Follow this link to read more about adding files to a candidate profile (e.g. interview documentation): Attach Files to a Candidate
Workable Mobile App demo (6 minutes 38 seconds): Workable Mobile App
Interview Kits (custom lists of questions or assessment criteria which your hiring team will use to evaluate candidates within a stage) video (2 minutes, 30 seconds): Workable Interview Kits