Reviewing Applicants as a Search Committee Member
Search Committee Member(s) are individuals that have been granted access to review applicants for a specific posting. These members are added during the requisition to post process (see Posting a Job) or they can be added to an existing posting by emailing the Student Employment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the Search Committee Member is added to the posting they will receive an automated message from PeopleAdmin with log in and review instructions similar to those found below.
Note: If the Hiring Manager wishes to have a Middlebury College student as a Search Committee Member we recommend having that student complete a Confidentiality Agreement. This form can be found here, and once complete, can be kept on file at the Student Employment Office.
- Login to PeopleAdmin here: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/hr.
- Select the Search Committee Member user type in the field to the right of your name on the upper right hand section of your screen. Then, click the refresh (arrow) button right next to the user type field.
- Navigate to the Applicant Tracking module (blue header), if necessary by clicking in the drop down list below the PeopleAdmin logo in the upper right hand section of your screen.
- Select Postings > Student.
- You will see all of the searches for which you are a Search Committee Member. Click on the hiring campaign for which you wish to evaluate applicants.
- Click on the Applicants tab.
- Click on the applicant that you wish to evaluate first. Review their materials.
- Repeat for each applicant. (To return to the applicant listing screen, use the breadcrumb hyperlinks at the top left of the view screen and select the blue text "Applicant Review".)