Job descriptions for all student positions must be filed with the Student Employment Office. These descriptions outline the responsibilities of each position and the required experience and skills. They also form the basis of the College's Student Wage Program.
Supervisors are responsible for drafting new job descriptions in conjunction with the Student Employment Office. To create a new student position complete the New Student Job Request Form.
Viewing Job Descriptions
To view student job descriptions in PeopleAdmin login here: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/hr and following the instructions below.
- Select the "Student Supervisor" user type (this is the field next to your name). A green notification message will display at the top of your screen to verify this update.
- Click the down arrow next to the text that reads “Applicant Tracking” and select “Position Management”. The top of your screen should change from blue to orange and new menu options will now be visible.
- Select the "Classifications" option in the top center section of your screen. Then click on “Student”.
- Search for the job description that you would like to review.
- Click on the job title to view that position’s information.
- To look for another position repeat steps 3 – 5.
Changing a Job Description
Position descriptions are updated when there are substantial changes in the scope and practice of a job. The College reserves the right to change position descriptions with notice to the student; normally, a College initiated change would be policy driven. It is recommended that the supervisor review position descriptions annually, preferably coinciding with student performance evaluations.
To make minor changes (that do not warrant a change in wage level) to a job description during the posting process:
See Posting A Job
To change a job description without posting:
- Complete the Student Position Description Change Form