- Requests for recording require five (5) business days notice, requests will honored on a first-in/first-out basis.
- Media Services staff need a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the event to setup.
- Recordings by Media Services staff are restricted to structured academic lectures only and the recordings must be for Middlebury College events only.
- The recording must take place in a supported recording location (see below).
- This service is limited to availability of equipment and technical personnel.
If your request meets the requirements above, please submit these two electronic forms:
- Each participant being recorded must fill out the Consent & Release form at least 48 hours in advance of the event. The form is available here: go.middlebury.edu/consent
- The organizer must request recording support by using the form here: go.middlebury.edu/recording (login required)
List of Supported Recording Locations
Not all spaces are suitable for recordings - most classrooms lack the required audio and lighting for a successful recording. We want your recording to have a high production quality. Thus, ITS only supports recordings in select spaces. The approved spaces for recordings by Media Services staff by rank of quality of recording are:
- RAJ - Presentation recording available, capacity 99
- MCFA Concert Hall (if tech director is available) - Presentation recording available, capacity 372
- MCC Wilson Hall (formerly Social Space) - Presentation recording available, capacity 356
- Hillcrest 103 - Presentation recording available in standard def., capacity 70
- Dana - capacity 272
- Mead - capacity 1098
- MBH 216 - Presentation recording available, capacity 147
- MBH 220 - capacity 97
- Kirk Alumni Center - capacity 250
- MCFA 125 - Presentation recording available, capacity 48
- Twilight Auditorium - Presentation recording available, capacity 106
- Bread Loaf - Little Theater - capacity 236