This page describes how you can use services supported by Media Services staff. For requests to Media Services please provide five business days and see our requests site.
The vast majority of classrooms and event venues on-campus already have the most popular equipment (projection, speakers, etc.), as well as an easy to use control panel and a set of printed instructions. However, if you're planning a more complex event or if you'd like some training, please feel free to contact the Helpdesk for support. We provide a variety of support services for events, such as microphone and speaker setup, event recording, video projection and film screening support, as well as other services.
If you are planning an event, please visit the Top Tech Tips for a Successful Event page.
We do require a minimum of five (5) business days notice to provide event support (such as training, projection, microphone, speaker setup etc.) We also ask that you block-off the event venue for 30 minutes before the start of your event to allow sufficient time for equipment setup. If you are unable to submit a request within our required timeframe, please can visit our self-service web page and use the tips provided there to run your event without our assistance.
ITS has facilities for many types of audio and video production using both analog and digital formats.
For audio production there is a fully equipped sound studio complete with sound proof dual mic recording, multiple format mixing from compact disc, audio cassette, DAT, Minidisc, and digital recording to DAT, CD and Minidisc, as well as conversion to electronic audio files (AAC, WAV, MP3). If you would like to use the studio, we can schedule it for you and provide an orientation session. We require five (5) business days notice to schedule the studio. Please contact the Technology Help and Support Desk at ext 2200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule the studio or for further information on the services mentioned above.
The Library also offers support for digital media development (including training and media project support) through the Digital Media Tutors. Please visit their page at go/dmt to find out more about the Digital Media Development Program.
ITS has both SD and HD cameras and camcorders available for loan. Please see the Loaner Equipment page for more details.
Dishnet satellite reception of Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish are provided to the following locations:
- Academic year language houses
- Specified Summer Language School locations
Satellite programming is not available for recording.
Whether you'd like to improve your existing videoconferencing experience or are planning on using videoconferencing for a new initiative, you've come to the right place!
In the past year, Media Services has enhanced our existing videoconferencing rooms and added more portable, high quality solutions. In addition, we've implemented easy to use videoconferencing software and a videoconferencing bridge that allows up to 40 participants in a single call! Moreover, we have configured and enhanced our network to increase reliability and quality.
Examples of how you can use videoconferencing
Here are some ways in which we've helped our community use videoconferencing:
- Bring a guest speaker into your classroom.
- Collaborate with courses at other institutions.
- Collaborate with colleagues regardless of where they are.
- Be a guest speaker elsewhere.
- Provide services to faculty, staff and students without geographical boundaries. For example, you can provide remote training sessions at Monterey, DC and beyond.
- Work with with students, faculty and staff abroad, at Monterey, in DC, Breadloaf or in offices across town.
What can Media Services do to help with your videoconferencing needs?
We offer a wide variety of videoconferencing services:
- Permanently-equipped videoconferencing rooms (see our list of rooms here).
- Portable videoconferencing carts (see the list of portable options here).
- Help with installation and use of videoconferencing software (it's easy and reliable). Check our Polycom Software page for more information.
- Videoconferencing bridge and group calls. You get your own secure, virtual videoconferencing room. Contact us for more info.
- Consultation services: Planning a small or big meeting? Not sure what room to use? Need higher quality equipment? We're here to help!
- We also provide:
- Hands-on support for your meetings, be it large or small.
- One-on-one or group training.
- Plug and play setups that you can use with minimal effort and training.
- Help with finding solutions for equipping your existing office, meeting room or classroom with high quality videoconferencing.
Note: We recommend giving us at least five (5) business days notice so we can ensure the success of your videoconferencing. We take pride in our work and want you to have the best, most reliable experience!
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.