Emergency Support During Regular Hours
- For emergency classroom tech support or emergency screening support please contact the Helpdesk: dial 2200 from any campus phone (or 802-443-2833 from external phones).
- If necessary, the Helpdesk will use the Media Services Emergency Contact Information to provide timely technical assistance. The Helpdesk also has access to the Media Services Group Schedule in Web Help Desk that shows the list of events and the technicians scheduled to cover them.
- In most situations during regular Hours of Operation we will answer immediately and respond within minutes (depending on your location on campus).
Emergency After-Hours Support
- In the event that the Helpdesk is closed, please contact the Main Library Circulation Desk: dial 5494 from any campus phone (or 802-443-5494 from external phones).
- The Circulation Desk will use the Media Services Emergency/After hours/On-call contact information to get in touch with Media Services staff who can provide timely technical assistance.
If you cannot reach any of the above resources
- Please contact the Media & Tech Services Manager.
How Media Services Ensures Reliability
In addition to the emergency procedures outlined above, Media Services utilizes a variety of techniques to ensure reliability:
- We schedule two technicians for any major event.
- Technicians have access to the Emergency/After hours/On-call contact information in both printed and electronic form.
- A tech check is performed well before each event.
- Technicians are required to report to the event venue well before the event, and to alert supervisors of any unexpected circumstances in a timely fashion.
- Each event is concluded with an event report sent to the supervisors. These reports are used to improve our facilities and our workflow.
- Technician performance is closely monitored.
- We maintain a rigorous training program that ensures our technicians can supporting the events assigned to them.
- Before every semester we perform technical checks & diagnostics in each of our classrooms and other event venues.
- We have put in place a 5-year replacement plan for all of our classrooms and other event venues, ensuring the equipment is replaced in a timely fashion and is compatible with new technologies.
Of course, we always welcome feedback to improve our system.