This section outlines student, faculty, and staff print processes.
The college encourages you to consider the full cost of printing, whether it be financial or environmental for power, paper, toner/ink, and machine. Please print what you need as it becomes necessary.
Once a print job is sent to a public printer, print release stations will store it for up to 2 hours. If the job is not released in that tmie, the job will be deleted and the student's account will not be charged for that job. If the job is released, the student's account will be charged:
- Black & White: 5¢ per single-sided page, 4¢ per double-sided page
- Color: 25¢ per page (letter), or 50¢ per page (ledger)
- Plotter: $1.50 per linear foot
Students required to print posters for a class should ask the professor whether those costs will be covered.
To review print history and check your account, use go/PaperCut and log on to your account.
Student Printing and Copying Policy Summary
- Students may use public printers and copiers only.
- Page costs are deducted from the student's quota each time a print or copy job is processed.
- Students must use their own account at public computers to print.
- PaperCut's Web Print interface allows you to print to any public printer from your personal computer or laptop.
- Release stations hold jobs for up to 2 hours after which they are removed.
- When copying, copiers will automatically log you out if idle for 5 minutes.
- Students may add credit to their PaperCut account.
- Request a refund through your PaperCut account, when a printer or copier malfunctions occur, which makes output unusable.
- Refund requests are corroborated by reports of malfunctioning machines to the Helpdesk.
- Refunds will not be given for user error (duplicate printing, selecting wrong printer, etc...)
- Refunds are processed by the ITS Helpdesk once a week during regular business hours.
- Urgent requests will be considered and are situation dependent.
- Professors may opt to cover the cost of printing posters on a plotter in Armstrong or The Davis Family Library's Wilson Media Lab. Students on the list the professor supplies to ITS will see their quotas increase by the amount the professor requested. Students should consult with faculty if it is felt the amount will not cover needs.
- Student organization printing and copying should be executed following Student Activities’ guidelines and will be charge to that organization’s Banner index.
- Student workers must use a department’s generic account for printing on the department's printers. Generic accounts are restricted from using standard size public printers; all printing should be done on the department's printers.
Students involved in student organizations should follow Student Activities’ guidelines for printing and copying. The costs for these pages will be charged to that organization's Banner index. The organization's ID and password must be used when logging in so that charges are applied to the organization rather than the individual student. Students using their personal accounts will not be reimbursed or refunded for organization-related printing and copying. Responsibility for monitoring usage is that of the student organization and Student Activities staff.
Students workers who are expected to print and copy as part of their duties should consult their supervisor about printing and copying using department accounts. Student workers who choose to use their quota, rather than using department accounts, will not be reimbursed or refunded for work-related printing and copying.
Faculty and staff may print on any campus printer. They are given unlimited PaperCut accounts. Printing is tracked only so Printer Management may gather information about which machines are being used, for what, how often and how much.
Starting July 1, 2014, copying is not charged against a departmental or project Banner index. Copiers in your department are unrestricted, unless restriction is requested. If a department wants copying to have ID restriction, notify Printer Management. One generic ID in the copier for staff to use in the future.
Guests of the college are those who are not enrolled as a student or employed by the college. This includes visitors, as well as family members of faculty or staff.
Guests must create and maintain a PaperCut account, against which their pages will be charged:
Guest Print Rates
- Black & white: 10 cents per side.
- Duplex printing receives a 20% discount (8 cents per side)
- Color printing is not available to guests.
- Poster plotters are not available to guests.
Guest Copy Rates
- Black & white: 10 cents per side (letter) and 20 cents per side (ledger)
- Color: 50 cents per side (letter) and $1.00 per side (ledger)
- There is a 20% discount for duplex copying
To add funds to an account, guests much purchase a PaperCut card prior to setting up their account in the PaperCut system. Cash cards can be purchased at the Wilson Café in Davis Family Library, MiddXpress in McCullough, the Food Cart outside of Armstrong Library, and the College Store in Proctor Hall. Credit cards may not be used in PaperCut. Please purchase what you require; refunds are not available. See go/PaperCut for details.