In the format of firstname.lastname@example.org, your Middlebury account provides access to authorized services and resources, such as e-mail, the wireless network, cloud storage on Google and OneDrive, printing, software installations, BannerAdmin, Oracle, Zoom video conferencing, and more. You should protect your account with a strong password and keep it safe, so it is known only to you.
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is required for all Middlebury accounts to protect them and our network from potential compromise.
Account Activation with Temporary Password
Please start the account activation process here: http://go.middlebury.edu/webmail and follow the instructions to claim your account. You will need your temporary password.
After specifying a new password, click Next on the More information required prompt to begin setup of multi-factor authentication (MFA). Follow the on-screen prompts to add additional security verification options to protect your account.
Refer to our MFA guide for additional help.
*Note: We strongly recommend using Microsoft’s Authenticator app, particularly for international travelers.
Account Creation Timelines
- Middlebury College Undergraduate accounts are created on a rolling basis, within 3 business days of a paid deposit.
- Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS) accounts are created 200 days before the semester of entry. For example, fall 2021 MIIS students will have their accounts generated starting Feb 19, 2021.
- Language Schools accounts are created on or after April 1. After April 1, paid deposits result in account creation within 24-48 hours. DML student accounts are the exception; these accounts are not created until the start of the term for which the student is enrolled.
Midd Account Password Reset or Change
Tips for Success
- Always turn off all mobile devices before you begin! You’ll avoid account lockouts due to attempted connections using your old password.
- Whenever practical, tackle password resets or changes while you are on the Middlebury College network.
I DON’T KNOW MY PASSWORD and need to reset it
In cases where the Midd password has been forgotten, faculty, staff, and students ALL use this link to reset their password:
I KNOW MY PASSWORD and want to change it
Faculty & Staff using a college-issued computer ON the campus network
The preferred method for a password change when you know your current password is to use your computer’s operating system, as follows.
Important Note: If you have multiple computers, we recommended using your macOS computer to change your password.
For Windows, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then choose “Change a Password.”
For MacOS, open Systems Preferences, then Users & Groups. Select your user account, then click the Change Password… button.
ALL STUDENTS; also Faculty & Staff who are either OFF-campus or NOT using a college-issued computer
Change your Midd password using this website http://go.middlebury.edu/changepassword.
Once you return to campus it may be necessary to restart your computer connected to a network to update computer password. macOS will require a wireless password be updated.
Oracle & Blackbaud Accounts
Oracle and Blackbaud accounts are provided by the Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium (GMHEC) rather than Middlebury, and they require a separate MFA setup. Upon first login you will be prompted to enroll in GMHEC’s multi-factor authentication (MFA) if you haven’t already done so. Refer to GMHEC’s MFA guide for additional help.
Oracle Account Availability: Oracle accounts are not available for use until an employee’s official start date. Accounts become inactive immediately upon date of termination so it is important to take care any Oracle-related tasks beforehand (such as processing approvals, submitting expense reports, etc.).
Password Resets for Other Middlebury Accounts
- Basic Guest Wireless Accounts: Visit http://cpauth.middlebury.edu and repeat enrollment process.
- Courtesy Accounts:
Reset using a college-owned computer on the campus network orContact the Helpdesk for assistance.
- Sponsored Guests: https://mediawiki.middlebury.edu/LIS/Sponsored_access_guest Refer to Midd Account Password Reset or Change instructions, above.
Password Policy and Guidelines
Our password policy can be found here, along with pointers about how to create strong passwords: