While there are limitations on the number of available visitor parking spaces near the center of campus, we encourage all visitors to take advantage of the abundant visitor parking in Q Lot at the Mahaney Arts Center.
Please note: Visitor parking is intended guests, not for Middlebury College students, faculty, and staff members.
- General Parking Information
- Visitor Parking Information
- Middlebury College Parking Permit Application
- Student Residential Guest Parking
Visitors and guests coming to campus Monday–Friday between 8 a.m.–5 p.m. should display a College parking permit to avoid being ticketed. Temporary parking permits may be obtained online at the parking portal at the cost of $2 a day.
Students, and departments hosting a special event, are responsible for acquainting their guest(s) with the parking regulations. Departments hosting a special event on a weekday should notify Public Safety in advance.
Middlebury College often hosts events open to the public, such as concerts, family and alumni gatherings, and athletic games. These visitors do not need to acquire a parking permit for evening and weekend events. For some events, special parking areas may be designated and special placards may be distributed for event use. Placards are created by Public Safety and are handed out at event registration.
Overnight Visitor/Guest Parking
Any guest of the College or guest of a student planning to park a vehicle on campus overnight must register the vehicle with the Department of Public Safety through the online parking portal.
The only location on campus for overnight guest parking is the Mahaney Arts Center (MAC) parking lot, visitor section. Guests parking in any location on campus other than the visitor section of the MAC will be ticketed, towed, and/or booted.
Student Residential Guests
- All guests must be registered with Middlebury for the duration of their stay. Personal guests must be registered through the online form.
- Guests who are staying in a student’s room as part of an official College program must be registered in advance through the appropriate department:
- Prospective student: Office of Admissions
- Athletics recruit or player: Athletics
- Student organization: Student Activities
- Students in double/triple rooms, suites, house and townhouses must obtain the consent of their roommate/suitemates before registering their guest. Roommates will be informed of the registration of the guest automatically.
Department guests are visitors whose parking has been arranged in advance by an inviting or sponsoring department. An invited guest may be a vendor, a business associate, a guest speaker, a contractor, or a repair or service provider. Departments are responsible for ensuring that their guests have the appropriate permits and that they understand the related parking rules.
Departments need to send an email to the Department of Public Safety requesting permits for their guest. In the email they need to state the dates they need the permits for and the number of permits needed. They need to send the request for a permit a week in advance.
Conditions of Use
- Invited guest permits may not be issued to individual employees or students for their personal use, or for commute parking.
- Duplication, alteration, or misuse of an invited guest permit may result in a citation and/or revocation of parking privileges.
- Permits must be used for departmental visitors only.