Resources for Principal Investigators
Before you begin any work with rDNA, you must submit a registration form to the IBC at email@example.com.
If the chair determines that a full application is required, investigators must also complete this training module and deliver a certificate of completion to the IBC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to the CITI training site.
- Create an account, if you’re not already registered with CITI, and log in. Once you’re logged in, you’ll see a list of Middlebury courses.
- If the biosafety courses are not shown in your list, click on Add a Course or Update Learner Groups under My Learner Tools for Middlebury College.
- On the next page, check Yes, I need/want to take the course on Biosafety and click the big blue Next button. The course list should now contain two courses: one for IBC members and one for student and faculty PIs.
- Click on the course for student and faculty PIs and complete the modules at your convenience.
Guidance from NIH
- NIH: rDNA information for investigators
- NIH FAQs: Incident reporting
- NIH: Table of covered animal research
- NIH: Experiments that are exempt from the NIH guidelines