Health coaching involves health educators supporting students as they set goals, name challenges, explore their values & strengths, and access personal motivations to develop and sustain healthy behaviors and attitudes. Students can schedule up to two follow up appointments with a health educator for a total of three coaching sessions per health issue.
Health Coaching Topics
- Balance and routine
- Find a routine that works well for you, develop a balance between work, play and rest
- Explore options for movement on campus, intuitive movement, reclaiming joy and fun in movement
- Identify strategies for eating food focused on nourishment and enjoyment
- Set and maintain boundaries with friends and partners, make a plan to express concern about a friend’s well-being, find social connection and community
- Sleep and rest
- Create and follow a sleep routine, improve sleep hygiene, give yourself permission to rest
- Mind-body connection
- Discover skills to manage stress, take a break from alcohol, cannabis or other substances, develop a plan to support your emotional well-being
- Spirit and soul
- Connect with activities and practices that are meaningful to you, explore your values and passions
- Find ways your physical environment can support your well-being goals
Health coaching is never a replacement for medical care or mental health counseling and is not appropriate to address crisis or emergency situations.
Our health educator team is ready to support you in finding ways to feel your best.
Assistant Director and Health Promotion Specialist
Director and Mental Health Promotion Specialist
Alcohol and Drug Education Specialist