Dear Juniors and Seniors,
We are writing today to provide more in-depth information about the upcoming Junior and Senior Lottery process.
Important dates to remember
- Sunday, July 18, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET: Junior/Senior Applications and Roommate Groups Due
- Tuesday, July 20, 2021 by 6 p.m. ET: Senior Individuals/Groups Time Slots Assigned
- Wednesday, July 21, 2021 by 6 p.m. ET: Mixed Junior/Senior Groups and Junior Time Slots Assigned
- Thursday, July 22, 2021, starting at 12pm ET*: Senior Individuals/Groups Room Selection
- Friday, July 23, 2021, starting at approximately 11am ET*: Mixed Junior/Senior Groups and Junior Room Selection
*Selection end times will depend on the number of groups individuals in the process.
Bread Loaf Campus Intentional Community
This fall we have a unique opportunity for juniors and seniors: The Bread Loaf campus will be opened for undergraduate housing. Students interested in living at Bread Loaf will be able to be placed before the Junior/Senior room selection process or select spaces during room selection. We encourage you to think about this exciting opportunity to live at Bread Loaf! Some things to know:
- If you are interested please fill out THIS FORM to be placed prior to room selection. Spaces that are not taken before Junior/Senior room selection will be offered in the room selection process next week.
- Rooms at Bread Loaf Inn are a mix of singles and doubles. Frothingham Cottage, a house with 4 doubles, will also be available for a group of 8 students.
- There will be a shuttle that will run during the day between main campus and Bread Loaf.
- Students living at Bread Loaf will be given both a Snow Bowl and Rikert Nordic Center season passes at no charge.
- Students will also receive $1,000 off their room rate and $500 off the board plan per semester.
- Floor plans for Bread Loaf are available here to review.
- More information about the Bread Loaf housing option is available here.
Quiet housing for juniors and seniors will be available again this year on LaForce fifth floor. Students that select a space on this floor will be asked to follow all quiet housing expectations.
Creating a Group
For instructions on how to create a group, check out our website’s Instructions for Selecting Roommates.
- While you can participate in the junior/senior room selection in a group of eight, there are very few spaces for groups that size and that means it will take time to find spaces for each member of the group in the new housing software.
- Time slots will be close together to accommodate the number of students in the process. Because of that, we encourage you to be in a group size for the space you are hoping to fill.
- If you create a large group please be prepared to take time to place people into smaller groups during selection.
- Time slots will be drastically reduced due to the large number of participants so a smaller group will mean it takes you less time to select spaces for each member of the group.
- Time slots are randomly generated giving first priority to all senior groups, followed by mixed groups of seniors/juniors, and then all junior groups. Time slots are random within each class year group.
- Group size does not have an impact on your time slot.
Selecting a Space
- The list of properties available to select in the junior/senior room selection process is available here.
- Instructions on how to select space is available on our website’s Instructions for Room Selection.
- For suites, small houses, and rooms with a capacity of 2, groups will need to completely fill the space in order to finalize their selection. This means that individuals will not be able to select doubles on their own, or a space within a suite or a small house that is listed for groups.
- For suites and small houses, group size must match the space, meaning that a group of five will only be able to fill a space meant for five, or for groups larger than the space you will need to unselect members of your group to fit into different sized spaces.
- If you enter the process as a group of 1 and want to select a space in a double or a Forest sink mate room, please join the zoom call and we can help place you into a space.
- To ensure that your group is fully matched, each individual must log into their Student Housing Portal and make sure that they are fully matched under the “Roommates & Room Selection” tab.
- Only fully MATCHED groups will be eligible to fill spaces with a capacity larger than 1. If your group is not fully matched prior to the deadline you will not be able to select spaces for the whole group. We cannot add or adjust groups after the deadline which is Sunday, July 18, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- All Forest (East and West) sink mate rooms have been paired in our new housing system. That means in order to select those rooms you will need a group of two people.
- If you would like a Forest room and do not have someone you would like to pair with, please join the open zoom call at your selection time and we can place you into one of the rooms.
- Forest West (all floors) will be available to select for juniors and seniors for the fall and winter term only.
- All students selecting a Forest West space will need to plan to move before Feb break starts as Forest West will be home to part of the Feb community for the spring term.
August Room Selection
A number of rooms are held out of the selection process each year for accommodations and emergencies. If no spaces are available to select in the junior/senior process then students will participate in the August process.
Reslife will be hosting an open Zoom during the junior/senior lottery which you can join if you have any questions as you go through the process. You can join the zoom meeting HERE or via phone (+1 301 715 8592).