In preparation for the transition to Oracle HCM, BannerWeb will be “frozen” on May 25 to ensure an accurate transfer of data between the two systems.
As we approach the June 15 launch date for Middlebury’s new human resources software, Oracle HCM, I wanted to update you about the freeze on the human resources areas of Banner that will take place from 12 a.m. May 25 to 12 a.m. June 15. This freeze is necessary to ensure that we can transfer data from Banner to HCM as accurately as possible.
During this period, time entry will continue in Banner Web. Banner Web for Student will also continue to be available during the freeze.
The details below describe services that will NOT be available in Banner Human Resources.
HOW WE’LL HANDLE PROCESSES DURING THE FREEZE
- Personal information—You’ll be able to view your personal information in Banner Web, but you won’t be able to make changes during the freeze, including your address, direct deposit, or emergency contact information. Please hold your updates until after June 15.
- New hires—Except for essential services, all new hires, including student hires, must be in the system before the freeze or not employed until on or after June 15. For new hires beginning on or after June 15, please wait until after the freeze period to submit information through People Admin.
- Adjustments to pay—No adjustments to pay or changes to positions will be processed during the freeze period. All such activity should wait until June 15 or later.
- Terminations/resignations—Forward information (employee, employee ID, reasons for termination) to Cathy Vincent or Laura Carotenuto. Employees should review the Employee Resignation Checklist, which can be found athttp://www.middlebury.edu/offices/business/hr/supervisors/resignations.
- Significant life events—If, during this period, you have a significant life event (e.g., birth or adoption of a child, marriage, divorce) that affects your benefits, contact Sarah Smalley in benefits.
AND PLEASE REMEMBER…
- Until further notice, you will continue to enter your time into Banner Web.
- Banner Web for Student will also remain active.
Watch your email and the HCM website for the latest updates, and thanks for your efforts to make this transition go as smoothly as possible.
Vice President for Human Resources and Chief Risk Officer