RCGA Faculty Fellows: To schedule a lecture/event in your RCGA Program, use the form linked at the bottom of this page.
Requests for RCGA co-sponsorship: For lectures and single events, use the form linked at the bottom of this page; for conferences, please email the following to Mark Williams and Charlotte Tate: (1) program description, (2) tentative schedule, (3) estimated budget, (4) anticipated funding sources and amounts.
- RCGA avoids cosponsoring conflicting events. Before submitting a proposal, please check the College Events Calendar and the RCGA Events Calendar.
- When choosing a lecture date, please keep in mind regularly scheduled College events and recesses. Remember, too, that accommodations can be difficult to secure on holiday weekends and at other times when the College is hosting major events.
- Honoraria for in-person lectures have mostly ranged between $500 and $800, with a maximum of $1,500. Honoraria may vary if the visitor also visits a class, or renders other services.
- Rates for some local accommodations (updated 5/19): Inn on the Green, rates below do not include taxes, do include continental breakfast for guests staying at the Inn ($10 for each additional guests): Nov. 1 - May 31, Sun - Thur, single - triple $105; Fri - Sat $148. June 1 - Oct. 31, Sun - Sat, single - triple $148. Middlebury Inn, rates below do not include taxes or breakfast (full breakfast $15.07 including taxes and gratuity per person): Sun - Thur, single $110, double $125; Fri - Sat: single $125, double $135. For February and May Graduations; Reunion, Fall Family, and Homecoming Weekends, call Chantal or Patricia at 802-388-4961 for rates. Rates are subject to change based on occupancy; they apply by request only at the time of booking.
- Ground transportation options: Jessica’s Vital Transit, LLC, and Middlebury Transit; both offer discounts if you allow ride-share with someone else arriving/departing at the same time. Mileage as of 1/1/20 is reimbursed at $.575 per mile.
- If you expect attendance over 49 people, you will need a crowd manager in accordance with the College policy. Training is provided through the Environmental, Health & Safety Department on a regular basis as needed. If you will not be acting as crowd manager, and will be hiring a student as CM, please add $11.63/hr to your budget.
The form should be fully completed before being submitted. This is a Middlebury-only form, so you will need to log in (in the left-hand column) with your name and password as you do when you log onto your computer. This automatically populates the name and email boxes.