The SSRM modules provide open-source content to guide you step-by-step through the research process.
Our topics include:
- Formulation of a research question
- Identifying appropriate methods to explore that question
- Tutorials focused on specific research methods, such as surveys, interviews, and ethnographic research
- Data analysis
- Publication and sharing of your findings
Below is an overview of our current work:
The Survey Module
In this module, you can learn the fundamentals of all survey design.
The module includes the following sections:
- Survey fundamentals
- Questionnaire design
- Question design
- Survey implementation
- Reliability and validity
- Data analysis
Available for class and student use.
The Interview Module
This module focuses on interviews as a method of social science research that allows you to gain an in-depth understanding of your research topic.
It is divided into the following training sections:
- Interview fundamentals
- Conducting an interview
- Post-interview analysis
In production; Beta testing planned for Spring 2022.
The Research Fundamentals Module
This module places emphasis on defining research and the research process. The sections for this module include the following:
- Defining social science research and its purpose
- The research process
- Research fundamentals
- Methodology and data collection
- Reporting findings
The Data Analysis Module
In this module you can learn about the interpretive analysis of qualitative data. This includes the following:
- The different types of qualitative data
- Organization of data
- Ideal systems for analysis
- Social science research data analysis