updated on 07 18 23
Dear Bread Loafer,
This summer for the first time participants are being assigned a temporary Middlebury email so they can access the College’s Nelnet Campus Commerce online payment service. The Middlebury email will also be used during the conference to access WiFi. See the Payment Schedule section below for details on how to activate your email.
Please note that while the new Middlebury email is used for particular functions as described above, conference staff will continue to use participants’ personal emails throughout the session for all conference-related matters.
Should you have any questions, please let us know.
- The Workshop Leader and Directory Form serves as a confirmation form.
On Friday, July 21 ITS sends a “Middlebury Account Activation Instructions” note to Bread Loafers’ personal emails. This is used to activate the temporary Middlebury email.
Participants activate their Middlebury email as soon as possible after receiving the note from ITS. The note will include contact details in case of any issues.
The week of July 24 participants receive an invoice via their new Middlebury email. The note from Student Financial Services includes a link to the College’s Nelnet online payment program as well as other important details.
Participants pay in full by August 15.
Once logged into their account at Nelnet, participants and their authorized parties can view the bill and make payments safely and securely using:
- Electronic Check: Complete an electronic bank transfer to make payment. There is no fee for this payment.
- Credit and Debit Card: Nelnet adds a service fee to all credit and debit card transactions. The service fee is nonrefundable.
- Wire Transfer: International wire transfer payments can be made in your Nelnet account through Convera. If you would like to make a domestic funds wire transfer payment, please email the Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com for assistance.
Payment by Mail
Checks and money orders can be made payable to Middlebury College and mailed to the address below. Include the participant’s name and ID number on the check or money order. (The ID number is an eight-digit number that will be included in the Student Financial Services invoice email mentioned above.)
Student Financial Services Cashier
84 South Service Road*
Middlebury, VT 05753
*For FedEx deliveries only: Use 14 Old Chapel Road for the street address.
- For cancellation received by August 1, participant receives a refund for any payments made minus a $300 registration fee.
- For cancellation received on August 1 or later, participant receives a refund for any payments made minus $800. In addition to forfeiting the $300 registration fee, the student is assessed a withdrawal fee of $500 because a place was reserved for the student.
- No refund of fees will be made for participants who must leave the conference early.