Grants (General Financial Aid)
To be considered for a grant, you must have submitted a complete application to the School of the Environment. Do not wait for an admissions decision from the School of the Environment to submit your financial aid application. You should apply for financial aid as soon as possible after October 1st, but please note that your financial information will not be reviewed until you have been accepted by School of the Environment.
You must also have submitted a School of the Environment Financial Aid Application, including all other requested documentation. All financial aid is based on financial need, as determined by Student Financial Services.
Some facts to consider about financial aid:
- It is important that you submit your complete financial aid application as soon as possible, because our funds are limited and do run out.
- You do not need to be enrolled in a Middlebury College degree program to qualify for a grant.
- All School of the Environment students are eligible to apply.
- All Middlebury financial aid is awarded in the form of grants. Private loans are available for students in non-degree programs.
- All School of the Environment students are eligible to receive grants.
U.S. and Canadian students should complete the School of the Environment Financial Aid Application (visit Financial Aid Web Page to access).
- Middlebury undergraduates should complete the Summer Aid Request form (visit Financial Aid Web Page to access).
- International Students should complete the Middlebury International Financial Aid Application (visit Financial Aid Web Page to access).