Get a head start on what comes next. Spend a semester or a year of study at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey and start your master’s degree before you graduate from Middlebury College.
Take graduate-level course at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies that apply to your undergraduate degree—and get a head start on your master’s with our accelerated degree option. Meet professionals and gain practical experience in your academic concentration, and hone your language skills at one of the world’s finest institutes of international studies.
Fast Facts about the Middlebury Institute of International Studies.
- Gain practical, professional skills that complement your liberal arts degree.
- Graduate fully prepared to enter the workforce with a meaningful career.
- Save time and money with the accelerated master’s degree option.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey is a community committed to preparing students for professional roles in cross-cultural, multilingual environments.
Enhance your undergraduate degree with graduate courses in the following:
The Middlebury Institute, as a professionally focused graduate program, does not have on-campus housing. Students live off campus in residential Monterey.
The MIIS Housing Guide is a comprehensive resource on finding housing, including the following:
- Beginning Your Housing Search
- Middlebury Institute Housing Facebook Group
- Other Places to Find Housing
- Average Cost of Living
- Internet, Cable, and Telephone Services
- Residential Parking Information
- Understanding Your Lease
- Furnishing Your Rental
- Local Apartment Complexes
- Monterey Peninsula Neighborhoods
- Property Management Company List
If you live a mile or more from campus, you are entitled to a free on-campus parking permit.
Study Away Cost
The Middlebury Institute Study Away semester tuition cost is slightly less than a Middlebury College semester. Your financial aid package travels with you.
Students can anticipate additional out-of-pocket expenses while attending the Institute which will be factored into your financial aid award:
- Student Activity Fee
- Books and Supplies
- Housing and Food
- Local Transportation
- Personal Expenses
- Health Insurance (All students must have health insurance)
For more information about Study Away, email Susan Parsons in the International Programs Office or call 802-443-5745.