Monterey Institute of International Studies
|CA Liaison: Kevin Wasbauer
This fact sheet gives an overview of the Center for the Blue Economy (CBE). This fact sheet was created in January 2013.
Printed copies of Monterey fact sheets are located in the Information Library located in Painter House, Courthouse and Marbleworks. Online versions can be found at http://www.miis.edu/about/facts. Fact sheets available are:
- Overview - The Monterey Institute: Every Day, Our Graduates Change the World
- The Monterey Institute: Facts at a Glance
- Middlebury and Monterey: Making a Difference, Across the Globe
- James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies
- The Peace Corps Master's International Program
- Immersive Learning: A Signature Strategy for Training International Professionals
- Language at the Monterey Institute: Unparalleled Opportunities
- Center for the Blue Economy: Reimagining International Marine Policy
- Frontier Market Scouts: Bridging Social Impact Investors and Entrepreneurs
- Monterey Terrorism Research and Education Program (MonTREP)
- The Monterey Institute's Global Alumni Network
- Center for Conflict Studies: Driving Positive Change Through Applied Conflict Resolution
- The Monterey Area Higher Education Community: A History of Collaboration & Innovation
- Veterans at the Monterey Institute: A World of Opportunity
MIIS - Brochure—Primarily focused on graduate programs available through the Language Schools and Schools Abroad. Spreads on each language, as well as Mediterranean Studies. Also provides basic information on MIIS programs and Bread Loaf School of English.
A fun video about two MIIS graduates who decided to practice what they preached by starting their own sustainable, locally sourced supply business for Monterey's seafood restaurants. (February 2012)
Listen to Dristy's story.
From the MIIS Newsroom or Communiqué
Shared Love of the Ocean Brings Hundreds to TEDxMonterey 2012
A well-illustrated article about this past year's conference which focused on the theme of "Sea Change." (June 2012)
Record Number of MIIS Students Awarded Prestigious Fulbright Scholarships
A brief, but informative article which mentions the international projects undertaken by each of the scholars. (May 2012)
Center for the Blue Economy Celebrates its First Year
This informative article not only recounts the founding of the Center, but also lists its most recent goals and initiatives. (April 2012)
"End Federal Flood Insurance" - NY Times
In this Op-Ed, Dr. Judy Kildow of Monterey's Center for the Blue Economy examines the flaws of federal flood insurance in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. (November 2012)
Next Gen Nonproliferation: Training the Best and Brightest to Stop the Spread of WMDS" - Carnegie Reporter
A feature article on the Center for Nonproliferation Studies and its potentially world-changing students (Spring 2012).
Looking for more news coverage of Monterey Institute of International Studies?
Click the link below to browse a list of recent media references coming from sources from the United Nations to Foreign Policy magazine.
Modeled after Middlebury's MiddSTART, this microphilanthropy website features projects spearheaded by MIIS students attempting to raise funds.