Every day, Middlebury takes students somewhere new—to the core of an issue, the edge of an experiment, to a new sense of strength and purpose. Their Middlebury years guide our graduates throughout their lives, imparting clarity, confidence, and an expansive worldview.
Creating this kind of future takes the support of everyone who knows the power of a Middlebury education. It takes you, and your gift to the Parents' Fund, to support the academic programs, student-faculty research, internships, arts, and athletics programs that prepare Middlebury graduates to take their places in the world.
Why the Parents' Fund Matters
- Educating each Middlebury student costs 35 to 40 percent more than the comprehensive fee can cover. For generations, all students-even those not receiving financial aid-have received this "hidden scholarship."
- Middlebury relies on parents and alumni for 8 percent of each year's operating budget.
- The Parents' Fund provides unrestricted funds the College can use to meet immediate, important needs.
What the Parents' Fund Does
- Gifts to the Parents' Fund support exceptional professors.
- They support student research in the arts and sciences.
- They help bring students from all backgrounds to Middlebury.
- They support student activities for every interest.
Last year more than 1,700 current and past parents made a gift to the Parents' Fund, contributing more than $3.4 million to enhance their children's experience. This year's goal is $2.5 million and participation by 30 percent of parents. Your gift to the College demonstrates your belief in the power of a Middlebury education.