Medical Emergencies: Dial 9-1-1
In the event of a medical emergency after-hours, call 9-1-1- from any phone or cell phone. Also call the Department of Public Safety at (802) 443-5911. Remain calm and provide the following information:
- Type of emergency.
- Location of the emergency. Be as specific and as clear as possible.
- If emergency involves injuries, extent of the injuries, if known. Do not move an injured person unless there is a threat of additional injury.
- Do not hang up until the dispatcher at Public Safety or 9-1-1- advises you to do so.
Porter Hospital Emergency Department:
- Porter Hospital is located at 115 Porter Drive just off South Street in Middlebury, less than 1 mile from campus. Porter Hospital map of the campus may be helpful.
Mental Health Emergency Crisis:
- Dial 911
- Call Public Safety at 802-443-5911
- Counseling Service of Addison County 24-hour emergency telephone: 802-388-6741
- Go to the Porter Hospital Emergency Room
Non-urgent medical questions after-hours have several options:
- Call Parton Health the following day to speak with a nurse.
- Call the 24-hour nurse advice line associated with your personal medical insurance.
- Students enrolled in Middlebury's Student Health Insurance Plan through Gallagher Koster may utilize the 24/7 Nurse Help Line Service (1-800-407-7307). This service provides clinical assessment, education and general health information. This service is performed by a Registered Nurse to assist in identifying the appropriate level and source(s) of care (based on symptoms reported and/or health questions asked). Nurses at 24/7 Nurse Help Line will not diagnose the person's ailments.
- Students with other forms of medical insurance can contact the number provided by their insurance company.