Health coaching involves health educators supporting students as they set goals, name challenges, explore their values & strengths, and access personal motivations to develop and sustain healthy behaviors and attitudes. Students can schedule up to two follow up appointments with a health educator for a total of three coaching sessions per health issue.
Health Coaching Topics
- Balance and routine
- Find a routine that works well for you, develop a balance between work, play and rest
- Explore options for movement on campus, intuitive movement, reclaiming joy and fun in movement
- Identify strategies for eating food focused on nourishment and enjoyment
- Set and maintain boundaries with friends and partners, make a plan to express concern about a friend’s well-being, find social connection and community
- Sleep and rest
- Create and follow a sleep routine, improve sleep hygiene, give yourself permission to rest
- Mind-body connection
- Discover skills to manage stress, take a break from alcohol, cannabis or other substances, develop a plan to support your emotional well-being
- Spirit and soul
- Connect with activities and practices that are meaningful to you, explore your values and passions
- Find ways your physical environment can support your well-being goals
Health coaching is never a replacement for medical care or mental health counseling and is not appropriate to address crisis or emergency situations. To schedule a health coaching appointment, visit our Make an Appointment tab or login to your Student Health Portal.