The Institutional Review Board exists as a standing committee.
It consists of at least seven members, including:
- A member of the Psychology Department
- A member of the Sociology-Anthropology Department
- A member whose primary concerns are in non-scientific areas
- A representative of the public from the local community who does not have active ties to the College or to the organization sponsoring the research
- An administrator (ex officio)
The chair of the committee is appointed by the administration of the College. The community representative is invited by the Dean of the Faculty to serve on a yearly basis. The community member may serve as many consecutive terms as they are is invited to and willing to serve.
2023-24 IRB Members
Jake Pirkkanen, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Research Compliance