The Middlebury Alumni Association Volunteer Code of Conduct is as follows.
To foster community throughout the Middlebury Alumni Association (MAA), honor Middlebury’s values, and provide a welcoming and respectful organization for all alumni, the MAA Board has developed the following guidelines for volunteers representing Middlebury. This Code of Conduct is a living document, and the MAA Board welcomes comments and suggestions for improvement.
While performing official alumni duties or acting as a volunteer for Middlebury, volunteers are expected to:
- Demonstrate positive, welcoming and responsible behavior as representatives of Middlebury
- Value and foster diversity and inclusivity
- Fulfill volunteer obligations and all other service to Middlebury with the highest degree of integrity
- Provide an open and respectful atmosphere for discussion, disagreement, and debate in all forms of communications
- Follow all procedures and guidelines for specific volunteer roles as provided by the respective Middlebury office responsible for that role
- Treat other members of the MAA and the larger Middlebury community of faculty, staff and students with respect at all times
For the purposes of this Code of Conduct, volunteers are defined as: the MAA Board, Alumni Admissions interviewers, Annual Fund Executive Committee members, class agents, Reunion Committee members, chapter volunteers, class correspondents, Midd2Midd mentors and advisors, Cane Society representatives, and others volunteering on an ad-hoc basis for Middlebury.