Congratulations! You’ve successfully navigated a complex process and demonstrated that your research is well-designed and ethically sound.
IRB approval for full board applications is good for one year from the date of your approval letter. As Principal Investigator, you have a few ongoing responsibilities to the IRB.
You must complete the following steps:
- Notify the IRB if you want to change your research methods or location during the one-year approval period. You can do this by filing an amendment with Axiom Mentor.
- Apply for an extension (complete an amendment within Axiom Mentor) if you need a bit more time than one calendar year to complete your project.
- Apply for renewal if your project will run for another year (Axiom Mentor will remind you when your project is up for review).
- Submit a status report for your project to date if you want to renew or extend a project beyond the one-year approval period (Axiom Mentor will send you a reminder email).
- Keep all documentation related to the project, including signed consent forms, for at least four years from the approval date (if you are a student, arrange this with your advisor).
- Keep any publications resulting from your research for at least four years from the approval date (if you are a student, arrange this with your advisor).
Minimal risk applications do not need to be renewed, but you must contact the IRB before making any changes to your proposal.
Best of luck with your research!