Middlebury’s Office of the Provost staff provides leadership and strategic development support to the people, programs, and operations across the institution.
Those proposing initiatives are encouraged to meet with Provost’s Office staff to develop ideas and determine other individuals to consult with before submitting a formal proposal. Contact Lisa LaRose at firstname.lastname@example.org to make these arrangements.
As part of the Office of the Provost’s staff, Leadership and Strategic Development supports people, programs, and operations across the institution to realize our strategic goals. We provide programming, consulting, and facilitation support to the provost, the Academic Council, faculty administrators, deans, program directors, and faculty chairs, and other academic-focused employees across Middlebury who are responsible for advancing our strategic framework.
We work with colleagues across Middlebury to frame issues, identify needs, and develop approaches for change or improvement. We also serve as a conduit for sharing institutional knowledge, connecting the right resources to the work, and promoting collaboration across the institution.
Our objective is to support and promote the promise of Middlebury’s future.
Our approach is to meet our colleagues where they are, listen to needs, offer support, and work together to realize that promise.
The Leadership and Strategic Development team offers a range of support:
- Strategy Development: Providing leaders and their teams with processes and tools to identify their purpose, values, goals and stakeholder intersections in support of our Strategic Framework
- Leader Development: Providing skills and coaching to help constituents build on strengths as they develop as leaders through individualized support as well as learning and development programming
- Coaching: Providing one on one support to leaders who want to improve their skills and effectiveness in their role.
- Meeting Design and Facilitation: Helping a leader or group develop a plan and process for strategic meetings with clear objectives and productive outcomes.
- Team Development: Helping departments and teams establish norms and protocols for effectiveness
- Group Problem Solving: Helping a group identify a key issue, gather information about it, and outline decisions and action plans for resolution.
- Work Process Redesign: Providing the framework and tools for a group to analyze the current way of doing work to determine whether there is a better way to design how the work is done.
- Change Management: Working with departments, committees, and other groups to help them plan and implement significant changes.
- Customized Learning Opportunities: Providing resources to develop or renew knowledge, skill or values relative to a group goal.
Please contact Sheila Cameron at email@example.com for additional information.
Office of the Provost
9 Old Chapel Road
Middlebury, VT 05753