Log in to Banner 9 to register when your window begins.
- Starts on November 1, Monday at 7:00 a.m. (VT time): Students with 7-16.99 credits earned*
- Starts on November 2, Tuesday at 7:00 a.m. (VT time): Students with 3-6.99 credits earned*
- Starts on November 3, Wednesday at 7:00 a.m. (VT time): Students with 17-36+ credits earned*
* Credits are based on courses registered and completed through Fall Term 2021
Web registration continues through Monday, November 15. Online Add begins on Wednesday, November 17.
Frequently Asked Questions
- To add a course, you will need to contact the instructor for approval to take the course.
- Once the approval has been entered in Banner for each section of the course (ie LCT, DSC, LAB, Drill, etc), you will log into Banner and register for the course.
- NOTE: you can see approvals that have been entered for you on the ‘Prepare for Registration’ app in Banner 9.
Any student who opted out for J-term must receive permission from Res Life to be on campus for Winter Term. If you are approved to be on campus for Winter Term, Res Life will notify our office, the Opt Out course will be removed, and you will be permitted to register.
Yes, as long as you are registered for a Winter Term course, the course modality does not matter.
No, a student may only take one academic credit bearing course. PHED courses do not carry academic credit, so you can take an academic course and a PHED course. You may not take a PHED course without also taking a course for credit.
Auditors do not earn credit for the course. If you are interested in auditing, ask the instructor of the course you wish to audit to send an email approval to our office and we will register you as an auditor in the course. The information we need in the email is:
- Student Name
- ID Number
- Course Code/CRN
You may not audit a course without also taking a course for credit.
Courses can be dropped in Banner through the end of the Add period (Jan 10). You will also need to register for the Opt Out Course WNTR 0000. All students must either be registered in a credit bearing course or the Opt Out course.
No, students cannot choose to invoke an alternate grade mode for winter term.