The Rohatyn Global Fellows program: Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors, this year-long program brings students from diverse disciplines together to examine, discuss, and enhance their understanding of world events and global challenges.
Through formal affiliation with all six of RCGA’s thematic programs, select students engage a variety of global issues from multiple perspectives, assess and articulate their interconnectedness, and explore career options in global affairs.
Each year Fellows examine an overarching global phenomenon that spans RCGA’s thematic programs; this year’s overarching theme is Artificial Intelligence (AI).
NEW THIS YEAR —
Rohatyn Global Fellows will be partnering with Release Peace (headquartered in The Hague) and professional editors to co-author an article for Release Peace: The Magazine, which covers global issues such as cultures, history, economics, and more.
Global Health and Medicine
Global and International History
Global Trends in Autocracy and Democracy
Power, Wealth, and Global Political Economy
- Security and Global Affairs
More about the Rohatyn Global Fellows program
belonging to a select community of engaged learners
engaging with thought leaders, think tanks, practitioners and experts
exploring global issues from multiple perspectives
training and enhanced skills-building in oral and written communication
analyzing the global peace movement via Release Peace headquartered in The Hague
eligibility for a Spring break “Career Trek” to DC and/or eligibility for a (1) RCGA summer research grant, (2) RCGA-CCI stipend for an unpaid, global- or internationally-oriented summer internship
certification as a Rohatyn Global Fellow
formal affiliation with the RCGA six global thematic programs
If selected as a Rohatyn Global Fellow, you must commit to:
- Attend bimonthly lunch meetings every other Wednesday from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm (beginning 9/20/23)
- Collaborate with the editors of Release Peace: The Magazine and experts on authoring and publishing an article
- Attend at least one RCGA drop-in per semester
- Attend three RCGA thematic program events per semester
- Discuss shared reading with an author or a work of art with the artist
- Help organize screening and discussion of film on topic related to Thematic Programs
- Lunch/Dinner with Faculty Fellow and/or guest speakers and alumni
- Pitch Your Thesis: Writing a thesis? Come and get feedback on your proposal, argument, framing, sources, and whatever else you have questions about from Faculty Fellows and peers.
- UN Career Fair (w/ coordination with MIIS)
- US Diplomatic Corps Career Fair
- Career Paths: Alumni dinner
Applications are closed for the 2023-2024 academic year. Please check back in the late spring for the following year application.
For more information or questions, contact the Rohatyn Global Fellows Director, Professor Amit Prakash.
Rohatyn Center for Global Affairs
Robert A. Jones 59 House
148 Hillcrest Road
Middlebury, VT 05753