Payment Schedule and Cancellation Policy
- Deposit Form and $300 nonrefundable deposit due within two weeks of acceptance into the program.
- Access to online invoice follows deposit payment.
- Balance of fees due usually within four to eight weeks of paying deposit.
Methods of Payment
- $300 deposit payment by check or money order only.
- Balance payment by check, e-check, or credit card (the online processing company accepts MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Visa, and the company charges a user fee of 2.50 percent).
- All participants must pay in full before arriving.
- For cancellation received by August 6, applicants receive a refund for any payments made minus the $300 nonrefundable deposit.
- For cancellation received after August 6, applicants receive a partial refund in the amount of $1,200.
- No refund of fees will be made for participants who must leave the conference early.
If Bread Loaf in Sicily must cancel a program, all payments made to Middlebury College for the Sicily Conference will be refunded. Middlebury College is not responsible for any outside expenses, such as airline ticket fees, incurred in preparation for the program.
Middlebury International Programs Risk and Release Waiver
As a part of the preparations for taking part in an international program sponsored by Middlebury, participants are required to submit a Travel Registration Form and Release Agreement. Middlebury requires that each participant sign a waiver that acknowledges the inherent risks involved in international travel (the possibility of political, social, and natural events that might disrupt a program). The waiver asks you to acknowledge that you have medical insurance that will cover you while you’re in Italy. If your policy does not cover you, one can be purchased easily and inexpensively through a travel agent.