Work with this before filling out your funding request form.
This cover sheet plus completed budget forms are due to your advisor no later than Wednesday, September 23, and final forms, signed by your advisor, are due to the department Chair (Jeremy Ward) on Friday, September 25 (Fall 2015).
(The paper version of this form is on blue paper, and can be found both in the Biology Common Room forms rack to the left of the window, or on the main bulletin board opposite MBH 343.)
• Please fill out the form completely, and have your adviser sign it. (If you are unsure of the budget information check with your faculty advisor or Joanna Shipley, Biology & Neuroscience Coordinator). If your adviser sends the form via email - their approval/signature is implied.
• Once your adviser has approved your request form, leave it in Joanna Shipley’s mailbox (MBH 342), or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please keep a running balance (Jessica will send you confirmation of the arrival date of shipment and total, including shipping and other fees )
• Ideally please give Jessica your orders two weeks before the delivery date (Orders on short notice may require paying additional shipping fees)
• Please do not purchase items directly from scientific supply vendors we typically use (Carolina, Sigma, Fisher, Etc) or online stores such as Amazon. We strongly discourage your paying out of pocket unless it's unavoidable.
• Any questions please contact Joanna at email@example.com, x5438, or in MBH 375.
If you need to rent a vehicle through the College in order to get to field sites, you may charge the rental cost to your approved budget.
Please follow these instructions, and let Joanna Shipley know that you are submitting vehicle requests. She will forward the confirmation to you.
Thesis Declaration Form (Intent to Continue to the Thesis)
Due no later than last day of classes, in the final semester of 0500 or 0700, prior to taking 0701. (For BIOL, MBBC, and ESBI majors working with Biology Faculty.) Note that this form requires you to identify (and obtain signatures from) two additional faculty to serve on your committee, so do not leave it for the last minute! Consult with your advisor for ideas about additional committee members. Once signed, the form goes to Joanna Shipley, the Biology Department Coordinator.
There are three versions of the thesis title page: one for high honors, one for honors, and one without honors. Once you know which level of honors you're receiving, print copies of the appropriate title page to accompany your final thesis copies. How many to print depends on how many you will need: One each for your adviser and committee members, two for the Bio department, and one (or more) for your own personal copies. (Also see "Submitting Your Final Thesis" )