Faculty should expect to meet individually with each of their students throughout the summer, to discuss the student’s work and progress. Faculty should notify the Bread Loaf director or on-site director if any student problems arise.
The following policies apply to students’ course selections:
- A student may take only one course by a given professor in a single summer.
- MA students may take only one creative writing course (including those that are cross-listed) in a single summer.
- Courses are identified by a four-digit course number. Students may only repeat a course of a given number with prior permission of the director. Students may, however, take a creative writing course twice, as long as the instructor is different each time; no preapproval needed.
- Students requesting permission to take three courses (including the completion of an IRP as a third course) need to obtain approval from the associate director (via their campus coordinator) prior to course registration.
- When a course is full, students will be added to a waitlist maintained by the Bread Loaf office staff. Faculty willing to exceed the enrollment cap may give students special permission to take a closed class but must notify the campus coordinator in order to get the student on the books.