Admissions & Application Requirements
The application is open and involves only the following:
1. Short descriptions of (a) your previous college-level environmental coursework, and (b) why you are interested in enrolling in the Middlebury School of the Environment.
2. One letter of recommendation from a recent professor.
3. Academic transcript(s)
4. Application fee
Once you submit your application, you will receive a link to your application tracker and can see the status of your application. It takes 1-2 weeks to process documents.
To access the online application please ensure you are using one of the following browsers
- Internet Explorer (version 11 or later)
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome (version 22 of later)
- Firefox (version 27 or later)
- Safari (version 11 or later)
Who Should Apply?
Deadline for Applications
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. You will be notified of a decision within six weeks of your application being complete.
Can international students participate in the School of the Environment?
Non-U.S. citizens must have a valid U.S. visa status that allows full-time study during the dates of the School of the Environment program to be eligible to apply. (Note: U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents are eligible to attend.)
International students who already have an F-1 student status from a U.S. college or university that they attend during the academic year may apply to the School of the Environment as long as they will maintain F-1 status throughout the dates of the summer session.
International students in another visa status that allows for full-time study may inquire to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm whether they are eligible to participate.