Medical Emergencies: Dial 911...
In the event of a medical emergency, call the Department of Public Safety at x 5911 (802-443-5911) or dial 911 from any phone or cell phone. Remain calm and provide the following information:
- Type of emergency.
- Extent of the injuries, if known.
- Location of the emergency of injured person. Be specific and as clear as possible.
- Do not move the injured person unless there is a threat of additional injury. The Department of Public Safety can dispatch support to the location and also activate the 911 emergency system.
- Do not hang up until the dispatcher advises you to do so.
Mental Health Emergency Crisis:
- Dial 911
- Dial Public Safety at 802-443-5911
- Counseling Service of Addison County 24-hour emergency telephone: 802-388-7641.
- Go to Porter Hospital Emergency Room
Non-urgent medical questions after-hours have several options:
- Call Parton the following day to speak with a nurse.
- Call the 24-hour nurse advice line associated with your personal medical insurance.
- Students who enrolled in Middlebury’s Student Health Insurance Plan through Gallagher Koster may utilize a 24/7 Nurse Help Line service that provides clinical assessment, education and general health information. This service is performed by a registered Nurse Counselors to assist in identifying the appropriate level and source(s) of care for Insured Students (based upon symptoms reported and/or health questions asked by or on behalf of the Insured). Nurses will not diagnose an Insured Person's ailments. In order to access the Nurse Help line, you should call 1-800-407-7307.
- Students with other forms of medical insurance can contact the number provided by their insurance company.
Directions → Porter Hospital located on South Street in Middlebury (less than 1 mile from campus):