If you have a question that does not appear on this page, please contact Parton Health at 802-443-5135. Click the question, to reveal the answer. 

What does it cost to be seen at the Health Center?

There is no charge for your visit at the Health Center.  However, there are a few exceptions. We do charge for:

  • Some infectious disease & STI tests
  • Some common orthopedic devices (e.g., aircast, wrist and thumb splints, cervical collar)
  • Some immunizations. 
  • Plan B (emergency contraception)

If you have any questions about these charges or our services, please call and ask to speak to one of our nurses. 

Where is the Health Center located?

Parton Health Center is located in Centeno House at 136 South Main Street.  You can find us on Google Maps


What are the Health Center hours?

During the academic year (September through May):

We're open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday - Friday; 12-4 p.m. on weekends. The doors lock at 6 p.m. during weekdays, but a nurse is available to answer phone calls and care for acute health care needs until 9 p.m.

During the Language Schools program (June, July, August):  

The first week of classes, we are open 12-4 p.m. (see the Health Center's homepage for summer 2013 schedule). For the remainder of the summer program, we're open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on weekends. 

What should I do if I get sick or injured and the Health Center is closed?

You can be seen at Porter Hospital's Emergency Department on South Street in Middlebury if you have a medical need that cannot wait until the Health Center is open.

Do I need an appointment to be seen at the Health Center?

No, you don't need an appointment to see a nurse at the Health Center.  Nurses are available
Monday - Friday during our walk-in hours from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and from 6-9 p.m. for urgent concerns.  On weekends nurses are available from 12-4 p.m.  Mark Peluso, MD, and Laurel Kelliher, FNP are available to see students by appointment Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Do I have health insurance through Middlebury College?

All undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at Middlebury College are automatically enrolled in the mandatory student accident only insurance plan.  This plan provides coverage for accidents sustained during the academic year (September 1 through May 31).  The voluntary sickness insurance, which can be purchased through Gallagher Koster Insurance, provides coverage for illness from September 1 through August 31.  For more information regarding insurance benefits or to enroll in the sickness plan, please visit the Koster Insurance website.

What's the best way to prevent the flu?

Get a flu shot!

What should I do while I'm sick with the flu?

Stay away from others as much as possible to keep from making them sick.  If you must leave home, for example to get medical care, wear a facemask if you have one, or cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue.  And wash your hands often to keep from spreading flu to others.

How long should I stay home if I'm sick?

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other things you must do that no one else can do for you. Your fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine*, such as Tylenol®.You should stay home from work, school, travel, shopping, social events, and public gatherings.

What is the College's plan for a pandemic flu outbreak?

Middlebury College has an Emergency Plan that includes the threat of severe illness, such as pandemic flu.