MyStudentBody for Parents
Middlebury College requires all incoming students to participate in the three self-paced courses through MyStudentBody that address alcohol, drugs, and sexual violence. We focus on these areas of concern because both national and local data suggest that they are areas of heightened risk for new students on campus. The online courses provide new member of our community with a foundation of knowledge, language, and tools to continue conversations about these important issues into orientation and the rest of your Middlebury career.
The feedback students receive through the program is for their eyes only; college staff will not be able to see the results of the assessment, only the compiled data for the entire college. The entire program takes approximately 90 minutes to complete and must be completed by August 30, 2013 for the 2013-2014 academic year. International students with limited access to the Internet you are required to take the course as soon as they arrive on campus.
Parents and caregivers of Middlebury students are encouraged to engage with the MyStudentBody program as a means of starting or continuing a conversation their students around substance use and safety.
Course Instructions for Parents and Caregivers:
- Go to MyStudentBody online and click on REGISTER HERE to create your secure account. Enter your email address, select password, and enter middleburyparent as the school code. Follow the on-screen prompts to enter required security and demographic information. Click continue. NOTE: This school code is for parents and caregivers only – students should use the code middleburypanthers.
- From the My Stuff page, select the Essentials Course by clicking Take Now under Status.
- Select a module and complete the questionnaire and pre-quiz for that module.
- Complete all module material.
- Complete the post-test. NOTE: The course consists of multiple modules. Repeat steps 3-5 for each module required for the course.
- Complete the course survey. Once you complete the three Essentials Courses you will be redirected to My Stuff where you will be free to explore other areas of the website such as the library in the Student Center or ask questions in the Advice area. These resources will be available to you all year upon login to the website.
Please do not hesitate to contact Barbara McCall, Director of Health and Wellness Education, with questions about MyStudentBody.