During open hours students, faculty, or staff can stop by to work on their bikes. Bike Shop employees are available to answer questions, teach, and help out with problems.
Plan for this summer.
The Student Bike Shop in the basement of Adirondack House will store a bike for the summer for $20.00. Storage hours will be:
- Tuesday, May 14 7:00 pm-10:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 15 7:00 pm-10:00 pm
- Thursday, May 16 7:00 pm-10:00 pm
- Saturday, May 18 5:00 pm-8:00 pm
Bike Sweep will be May 29 and May 30
- Bike Racks at the Axinn Center will not have bikes removed. If you have your bike on campus these days park it in one of the Axinn bike racks.
- Register your bike before you leave. Follow this link to Public Safety forms to register your bike online. After registering you will need to go to Public Safety to get the decal for your bike. DPS forms
- If you lost a bike this year, there is a chance it will be found.
- Bikes matched to missing bike reports will be available for pick up at no charge from May 31 until June 17. Arrange with the Department of Public Safety to retrieve recovered bikes. Missing Bike Form
- Bikes may be retrieved at no charge until June 17; after June 17 a $50.00 charge will be levied.
- If you know you no longer want a bike, donate it directly to the student Bike Shop before you leave campus: email address Bike Shop Or drop it off at the Bike Shop during storage hours.
Where is the shop?
The Bike Shop is located in the basement of Adirondack House which overlooks Adirondack Circle on Rt. 125. The door to the bike shop faces Ross Commons and is marked by a hanging bike wheel.
How can I get a bike?
The bike shop is also continuing its bike rental program that was just launched last spring. Students can rent a bike for $25.00 a semester beginning September 29th. Come in during shop ours to find out more.
Over the years, the college has collected bikes that have been abandoned on campus. The bike shop will hold their annual bike sale on Saturday, September 15 at 9:00 AM. The sale will be located at 82 Adirondack View. All money raised from the sales goes towards maintaining the shop. Check out a video for the Fall 2010 bike sale video and photos from our Spring 2009 bike sale (see left column).
Storing a bike?
The bike shop will also store your bike for the summer for $20 per bike per semester. Bring your bike by the shop by the end of the semester and pick it up when you get back in the fall.
We also will accept any unwanted bikes as donations.