Sexual Assault Resources
Health Services has a nurse practitioners that is a certified Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) who can provide support and medical care after non-consensual sexual experiences.
At these appointments, the SANE will present the many options you can choose related to medical care, mental health support, reporting options, and evidence collection. The SANE may also make recommendations about certain treatments if applicable. The appointment is tailored to you and guided by your wishes and needs.
Make an Appointment
Please call the Nurse Line at (802) 443-3290 to make an appointment.
Please note: If you need to be seen after hours (before 8:15 a.m. or after 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, or on weekends), please go to Porter Medical Center emergency department at 115 Porter Drive in Middlebury. Community-based SANE nurses will be able to meet with you.
Other Middlebury College Resources
- MiddSafe Peer Advocates Hotline: (802) 377-0239 (available 24/7 while on-campus classes are in session)
- MiddSafe Online Advocate tool to explore campus and community resources without calling the hotline.
- Staff in the Health and Wellness Education Office, Middlebury’s confidential Violence Prevention and Advocacy Specialist, can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- WomenSafe is Addison County, Vermont’s confidential advocacy agency and their hotline is available 24/7/365 at (802) 388-4205
- TalkNow is an on-demand counseling service that can be accessed through MiddTelehealth 24/7/365.
- To make a report with Middlebury College contact Butterfly Blaise Boire, Civil Rights and Title IX Coordinator. She can be reached at (802) 443-2147.