Find Middlebury’s DUNS number, EIN number, indirect rate, fringe rate, mileage reimbursement rate, and more.
Per Diem Rates
Facilities and Administrative Cost Rate (Indirect Cost Rate)
- The Middlebury indirect cost rate is 65% of salaries and wages.
- The Middlebury Institute of International Studies (MIIS) rate is 54% of salaries and wages.
These rates are negotiated with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Date of most recent agreement: April 18, 2019
Fringe Benefits Rates
- Middlebury College’s fringe rate is 39% of salaries and wages.
- Middlebury Institute of International Studies (MIIS)’s rate is 34% of salaries and wages.
This rate is negotiated with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. It is a “blended rate” and does not necessarily reflect the actual rate for a given position.
Date of most recent agreement: May 12, 2020
Other Fringe Rates
Use only with approval from the grants office.
- Mandated Benefit rate: 10% of salaries and wages
- FICA Rate: 7.65% of salaries and wages
- Waived rate for undergraduate students: 10% of stipends
- Academic year undergraduate students: 3%
Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Tax ID # 03-0179298
Submitting Numbers for Federal Forms
Human Subjects FWA and IACUC Numbers
FWA (Federal Wide Assurance): 00001297
IACUC Assurance: A3429-01
DUNS Number and CAGE Code
To ensure you are using the current rate, check Accounts Payable information about purchasing and payment.
Authorized Institutional Official or Authorized Organizational Representative
The above terms are frequently used by funding sources who want an appropriately authorized institutional official to sign grant applications or other grant related documents.
Contact us to determine the appropriate institutional official for your situation.
Congressional District and Related Information
Congressional District: Vermont has only one district. For Grants.gov and other online proposals, use VT-001 (or 00 in some cases).
U.S. Senators: Patrick Leahy, Bernard Sanders
U.S. Representative: Peter Welch
State Government Information
Governor: Phil Scott
State Senators/Addison County: Chris Bray, Ruth Hardy
Representatives/Middlebury: Robin Scheu, Amy Sheldon
Annual Salary Increments
The current (2018-2019) annual percentage increments to use when estimating salary increases for multi-year budgets:
- Faculty: 5%
- Staff: 3%
- Students (hourly): 3%
- Student stipends: $10 per week per year