Note: Media Services requires 5 business days notice to provide film screening support.
Media Services will provide Film Screening support in Dana Auditorium, Twilight Auditorium and Axinn 232. All three spaces support viewing of:
- Computer sources (Mac and PC), both VGA and HDMI
Please note, we no longer support VHS/VCR screenings. For more information on this, please visit our webpage about the Analog Sunset.
Dana and Axinn 232 each have one film projector and support:
- All the above formats
- DCP (Digital Cinema Projection)
Film Screening checklist
For any screening in the rooms mentioned above
- Arrange for a suitable screening room
- Course-related screenings are scheduled via the Course Scheduler in the Registrar's Office (x5069) Plan to coordinate with that office for an appropriate teaching space if your audiovisual requirements for a semester are substantial. Other screenings are considered "events" and are scheduled by Event Management via the Event Reservation Request Form
- Contact the Reserve Office
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to place the DVDs and videos you will be using on reserve for your course. More reserve information is available in our wiki. If you provide the date of the screening and who will be screening it, Reserve staff will also place a booking on the media.
- The general film screening guidelines.
- Fill out
- The Film Screening Request form
Film screenings in all other spaces are the responsibility of the faculty or sponsor of the screening. If you would like training on how to use the projection equipment in a space, please call the Helpdesk and we will be happy to arrange a training session. You may also designate a student screener or assistant and we can help train them, as well. Also, make sure that your film is in a supported format: DVD or Online media are supported as long as you have the rights for screening. VHS is supported in most spaces, as well, however VCRs are gradually being removed. More information on the removal of VCRs. For more details on supported formats, please consult the Supported Projection Formats page.
Films and videos from sources outside the College may be booked by contacting Sue Driscoll in Acquisitions at least two weeks before your screening. This will give your group time to reserve a room, promote your film and obtain financing approval.
Student groups wishing to screen a film please visit Event Management's Student Planning web page for guidance.