Thank you to everyone working on the transition from spring to summer programs. Staff are busy prepping rooms and grounds, hosting reunion, closing the fiscal year, launching summer projects for improvement, and supporting students studying, researching, and working this summer. You each could likely add more to that list! Please note a monthly update wasn’t sent in May.
Watch the Staff Council and Senior Leadership Group Open Meeting from 5/17/23 Topic: Town Hall Webinar with Reports from the May Board Meeting
Watch the Staff Council Open Meeting from 6/7/23 with guest Dan Courcey, Vice President for Advancement. Topic: Current Campaign Update
Vote through 6/20 for Staff Council Elections. Still seeking nominees for Districts E and J.
- Members serve two-year terms representing their member district, unless the position is vacated prior to the end of term.
- This year voting is occurring for districts A, B, D, E, F, J, and M. See Friday 6/9 email for the link to vote.
- If you have questions reach out to your current rep or email email@example.com.
Current Middlebury Staff Council (MSC) Projects
- Communications Committee - Staff Council approved a working relationships policy for the 2023-2024 Staff Council to use for their orientation. We are working with the College archivists to archive staff council minutes in the College Archives.
- Elections Committee – We are still collecting votes for Districts A, B, D, F and J until June 20. If you are in Districts E (Budget Office, College Bookstore, Controller’s Office, Finance and Treasurer’s Office, Human Resources, Public Safety, Ralph Myhre Golf Course, Rikert Outdoor Center, Snowbowl, Student Employment Office, Student Financial Services, Student Mail Center) or J (Custodial Services) and are interested in getting involved, please reach out. We need you to join the council.
- Events Committee – Thank you to everyone that attend the Staff Council and Faculty Council mixer at American Flatbread – we had well over 100 attendees.
- 4/20 - Staff Council Open Meeting with guest Ellen Usilton, Assistant Vice President for HR Operations. Topic: The Skill Matrix. More info on the Skill Matrix is in the March HR Update and the FAQs posted on the HR website. Watch the video.
- 5/10 - Staff Council Open Meeting with guest Rebecca Schubert, Well-Being Program Coordinator. Topic: Employee Supplemental Benefits. Watch the video.
- 5/17 - Staff Council and Senior Leadership Group Open Meeting. Topic: Reports from the May Board Meeting. Watch the video.
- 5/24 - Staff Council Working Meeting (closed)
- 6/7 - Staff Council Open Meeting with guest Dan Courcey, Vice President of Advancement. Watch the video.
Representative Spotlight: LEXIE CARLSON
Lexie Carlson is a dedicated Senior Financial Operations Analyst in the Academic Affairs department at Middlebury. With her extensive experience and expertise in financial management, Lexie plays a crucial role in ensuring smooth financial operations within the department. Her passion for problem-solving, creative thinking, and enjoying a positive work environment has driven her to become an active member of the Middlebury Staff Council.
Lexie joined Staff Council in an interim capacity in March of 2023. As a member of Staff Council, Lexie embraces the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from various departments and leverage their collective knowledge and resources. She firmly believes that Staff Council serves as a vital hub for staff members to work together across the institution and effect meaningful change. Lexie’s commitment to continuous improvement and her genuine desire to contribute to a positive work environment has made her a true asset to the council.
When Lexie needs a break from her financial responsibilities, she loves to scoot out of the office to explore the Middlebury campus and the TAM (Trail Around Middlebury). This not only helps clear her mind but also provides a refreshing change of scenery.
Fun fact: Lexie has an identical twin sister. Even though they no longer live in the same place, she still responds when someone calls out, “Hey, Kate!” assuming that they are referring to her.
Consider joining Lexie on Staff Council as a representative. Simply fill out this form to submit your interest.
*District A represents Academic Affairs, Academic Coordinators, Assessment and Institutional Research, Center for Teaching, Learning, and Research, Digital Learning and Inquiry, Mahaney Arts Center, Dean of Faculty Office, Environmental Affairs, Middlebury in DC, New England Review, Provost’s Office, Registrar, Sciences Technical Support Services