Staff Council Update: November 10, 2022
| by Nicole Veilleux
Middlebury Staff Council (MSC) met for a working meeting on Wednesday, November 9th and we wanted to share with you some of the latest updates.
(We will now share monthly updates going forward.)
Current Middlebury Staff Council (MSC) Projects:
- Communications Committee moved the Staff Council Website over to Drupal 9 and we are excited to share the new website! You can always find us at go/StaffCouncil as well. Additions to the new site include:
- The Calendar page will now hold the list of any upcoming meetings. Keep an eye there for open meetings and to see what we are up to.
- The News page is where we will share updates, stories, etc.
- Stay tuned as we work on more web updates in the coming weeks. We will keep you informed as they are rolled out.
- Compensation Committee is meeting next week to discuss shift differentials (A question brought to us from staff).
- Events Committee will collect food for a food drive on December 6th, 7th, and 8th. We will share details with you all very soon.
- HR6 Committee is hosting a meeting with the current Ombuds cohort on Tuesday, November 15th to understand the program’s current state.
- Join Senior Leadership Group for Morning Pancakes – Wednesday, 11/16 from 7:30-9:30 am in Crossroads Café. Some members of MSC will be stopping by—be sure to say hello!
- We are grateful for the additional holiday on Wednesday, November 23rd this year! Thank you to Senior Leadership Group for hearing staff and extending the holiday.
- We are in the process of organizing an open staff meeting with Senior Leadership on Monday, December 5th from 2-3 pm Eastern. While the meeting will be on Zoom and senior leadership will be logging in remotely, Dana Auditorium will be reserved for any staff who wishes to join in person. We will be sending an invite to this meeting shortly.
Updates From Outside MSC:
- Curious about how the Board of Trustees retreat went? You can read the newsroom article online.