If you have borrowed from the Federal Direct Loan and/or Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan programs and you are graduating, on a leave of absence, or enrolled less than half-time, federal regulations require you to complete loan exit counseling, which provides borrowers with information about loan repayment.
Complete Exit Counseling
You may Complete Student Loan Exit Counseling online at Federal Student Aid.
- Log in with your FSA ID.
- You will need to provide updated contact information, information regarding next of kin, and two separate personal references.
- Middlebury will be notified electronically when you complete the process.
If you have borrowed Middlebury College Loans, you must complete a separate exit counseling by visiting ECSI.
Loan Repayment Resources
- Understanding Student Loan Repayment
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling Guide
- iGrad Financial Literacy: Student Loan Snapshot Tool
- iGrad Financial Literacy: Student Loan Repayment
Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group
If you are in dispute about your federal student loan, contact the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group as a last resort.
The Ombudsman Group is dedicated to helping resolve disputes related to Direct Loans, Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loans, Guaranteed Student Loans, and Perkins Loans.